COUPLES INTENSIVE RETREATS IN NSW
Is your relationship in crisis? Don’t have time for weekly counselling? Do you need help from a relationship expert? Couples Intensive Retreats might provide exactly what you need!
In the privacy of my Faulconbridge practice in NSW, learn evidence-based skills for building and improving intimacy in your relationship based on 40 years of research conducted at the Gottman Institute. The Couples Intensive Retreats take place at my practice, but you stay nearby in accommodation of your choice in the Blue Mountains. It’s possible to combine the couples’ intensive with a romantic holiday experience as well!
There is Hope
Drs. John & Julie Gottman developed a focused and rewarding way of giving your relationship a boost of energy. They’ve designed an exquisite couples retreat that can be tailor-made to fit you and your specific relationship issues.
You may be aware that divorce and separation statistics are high. Many couples don’t realise that there are evidence-based methods, based on scientific principles, which can make couples happy and create successful relationships.
It’s a fact! Over forty years of research has revealed the reasons why some relationships grow and flourish while others crash and burn. I’m running these Couples Intensive Retreats to help prevent unnecessary separations or, if a break-up is threatening, as a final resort to retain your friendship.
What You Will Learn
During the intensive, you’ll learn how to:
- Invigorate your friendship
- Communicate clearly
- Boost your connection and understanding of each other
- Vitalize your intimacy & re-sexualise your relationship
- Discover what hopes are hidden within your inevitable relationship conflicts
- Learn to repair after fights
- Re-set your common values and shared purpose
- Separate or divorce while respecting each other
- Set your own goals and we can create them together.
This may be the smart choice you need to make right now!
A Couples Intensive Retreats is:
- One week-end.
- Private – just for the two of you.
- Consisting of 16 hours of couples therapy. This equals 12 ninety minute couples sessions.
Help Is Possible
If your relationship is caught up in repeated fights or in silent, stony distance, help is possible. With an expert to guide you, old hurts can be repaired so you rapidly improve your relationship. But it’s important to make sure you get the best help possible.
Not all counsellors and psychologists are well-trained in couples work. Without specific training in couples work, and if they don’t practice evidence-based relationship tools in their own lives, these poorly-trained couples therapists can’t help your relationship to resolve old hurts. Make sure you choose a therapist who’s well-trained in couples work and who can help you achieve your specific relationship goals.
Your relationship can be renewed. You’ll get information about what love really is and how to create it in your life. You’ll get help to restore and deepen intimacy and passion. Fairy-tales about romance and sex will be replaced with specific skills and tools to spice up your life. There’s decades of science which shows what will really work for you.
Ten Couples Therapy Sessions Condensed into One Weekend
Couples Intensive Retreats are the equivalent of 16 hours of therapy, over one intensive week-end, with just you and your partner and an experienced therapist. In many cases intensives have reversed gridlocked relationship problems and helped create deeper understanding, connection and hope.
- One week-end.
- Sixteen hours
- Plus a thorough evidence-based assessment of your relationship.
A private Couples Intensive Retreats week-end may be the ideal solution for you if you can’t find a well-trained couples therapist near home. In addition intensives are useful if you can’t come to regular weekly or fortnightly sessions. If needed, we can follow up the intensive with phone, Skype or VSee sessions from your home.
Many couples have made rapid gains with intensive couples intensives. You’re away from your normal surroundings, without interruptions and no kids! You have the perfect opportunity to sort through bad habits and unproductive ways of relating in a focused and constructive way. With information and coaching from an experienced couples therapist, both of you will feel supported and guided to encounter something totally different. This often restores hope in what seemed a hopeless situation.
World-famous couples researcher and therapist Dr. John Gottman suggests couples get away 3-4 times a year, by themselves, without kids, and without friends to distract you. Here’s Vivian’s tip on devoting time to focus only your relationship.
Intensives are NOT advisable in these situations
- If either one or both of you have active drug and/or alcohol abuse, from either partner’s perspective.
- If there is serious violence or threats of violence, or fear that serious violence may occur on the part of one or both partners.
- If either of you has an untreated/unmanaged mental illness (major depression, schizophrenia, psychotic depression, bipolar illness). This does NOT include past, successfully treated psychotic episodes.
- If there is an ongoing, current affair that you are not willing to disclose (secrets predict therapy failure).
- If either of you are currently experiencing suicidal or homicidal thoughts, or has a history of serious harm inflicted on yourself or another person.
|2 hours – Analysis of questionnaires||$300|
|3.5 hours Saturday morning||$525|
|3.5 hours Saturday afternoon||$525|
|3.5 hours Sunday morning||$525|
|3.5 hours Sunday afternoon||$525|
|Total fee||$2,400||16 hours of couples’ therapy in one week-end!|
How To Book
Bookings are made at least 8 weeks in advance to secure your place. Early registration is recommended.
Intensives are available as follows:
2017 – Weekend Dates (Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday) are available by negotiation.
You can also book a couples Skype session with me if you can’t come to either of my practice locations. If you’re not ready to book an appointment, call me on 0427 405 832 to book a FREE 10 minute phone consultation to discuss how I may be able to help you.