Cultivating Emotional Balance (CEB) is an evidence based, practical education program which can help you
- Understand how your emotions work
- Spot emotional detail in others
- Give you more choices in your emotional behaviour
We aim to increase your understanding of your emotions and your ability to choose more constructive ways of expressing them. The program has been developed by Paul Ekman, PhD. and B. Alan Wallace, PhD. and arose from the Mind and Life Conference in 2000. My wife Vivian and I are accredited teachers of the program and we offer individual or group training in this powerful combination skills from western psychology and eastern contemplative traditions. The courses teach:
- The emotional lifecycle and what each stage means for your choice of action
- The signs of particular emotions in oneself and others
- The empirically validated benefits of contemplative practice and emotional education.
- Exercises and practices in mindful awareness to develop your “muscles” and skills in decreasing the tyranny of emotional states.
If you are interested in increasing your ability to manage your emotions and their expression, please call me on (02) 8005 4852 or 0427 405 832 for a free, 10 minute chat or Email me to see if we can work together.